Take to the Skies - Play Procyon
Procyon is now available on Steam!
Humanity is in danger, and this time it's not our fault
It's the future! Humanity is, predictably, under attack by extraterrestrial forces. Lucky for us, we have an experimental ship that's never before been flown that will surely...uh, possibly...well, implausibly be able to win the war. All we need now is a pilot (or two) foolhardy enough to take to the skies!
Some Fun Things To Know
- Fight through five increasingly-populated shoot-em-up stages
- Destroy a plethora of enemies (or, as we like to call them, "potential explosions")
- Switch between two distinct weapons on the fly: bullets for lots of damage over lots of space and a locking beam for concentrating on those hard-to-reach areas!
- Use your shields to zip unharmed through enemy attacks!
- Overcharge your weapons on the fly for even more destructive power!
- Original faux-orchestral soundtrack is like music to your ears! Because it IS music. For your ears.
- Multiple game modes, from the start-at-any-level normal mode up to "I have but one life to give for my planet" survival mode.
- Local co-op allows you and a friend (or even a complete stranger that you're willing to invite into your home, if you want) to team up and deliver double the delicious destruction!
- Support for playing in portrait orientation for a true top-down shmup experience!
- XInput controller support!
Candy For Your Earholes
Procyon's soundtrack is currently available for your auditory delight and purchase at bandcamp.com.
The Responsible Parties
Procyon was primarily developed over a timespan situated somewhere between "way too long" and "please, make it stop" by a single developer, Josh Jersild, in his arguably-spare time. However, after months (read: years) of working alone, it was discovered that he was, in fact, not particularly good at art or sound design, so he enlisted the help of some talented people to add a nice double-coat of awesome.
- Josh Jersild: Game Design, Programming, Music, Textures, Modeling, Narration
- David Baumgart: Cover Art, Ship Designs, Background Designs
- Sean Hamilton: Enemy Ship Modeling
- Jason Connell: Canyon Modeling & Texturing
- Guy Maxwell: Sound Design
- Stephanie Smith: Steam Achievement Icons